|Expetise||Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, AI Explainability|
Chrysostomos Symvoulidis is a research associate and PhD candidate at the University of Piraeus (Department of Digital Systems). He received his degree from the Department of Digital Systems of the University of Piraeus in 2016 and his Master’s Degree in “Big Data and Analytics” in 2018 from the University of Piraeus. His research interests include artificial intelligence, data analysis and the interpretation of machine learning algorithms. Since 2017, he is a member of the Data & Cloud laboratory team under the supervision of Associate Professor Mr. Dimosthenis Kyriazis, where he participated in many EU-funded projects such as MATILDA, BigDataStack and InteropEHRate.
Personal Research Topics
Dynamic Complex Event Processing (CEP) system using Machine Learning methods for optimal 5G-enabled services deployment
A complex event processing engine (CEP), enriched with Machine Learning capabilities, so that it is fully adapted to its environment, as a solution for monitoring component applications running on 5G infrastructure. The mechanism uses the Incremental DBSCAN algorithm to determine the normal behavior of developing services and to adapt accordingly.
- Symvoulidis, C., Marinos, G., Kiourtis, A., Mavrogiorgou, A., Kyriazis, D. (2022, April). HealthFetch: An Influence-Based, Context-Aware Prefetch Scheme in Citizen-Centered Health Storage Clouds, In Future Internet Journal, MDPI.
- Dimopoulou, S., Symvoulidis, C., Koutsoukos, K., Kiourtis A., Mavrogiorgou, A., Kyriazis, D. (2022, March). Mobile Anonymization and Pseudonymization of Structured Health Data for Research, In 2022 Seventh International Conference On Mobile And Secure Services (MobiSecServ) (pp. 1-6), IEEE.
- Koutsoukos, K., Symvoulidis, C., S., Kiourtis A., Mavrogiorgou, A., Dimopoulou, Kyriazis, D. (2022, February). Emergency Health Protocols Supporting Health Data Exchange, Cloud Storage, and Indexing, In Proceedings of the 15th International Joint Conference on Biomedical Engineering Systems and Technologies – HEALTHINF (pp. 597-604).
- Marinos, G., Symvoulidis, C., & Kyriazis, D. (2021, December). MICSurv: Medical Image Clustering for Survival risk group identification, In 2021 4th International Conference on Bio-Engineering for Smart Technologies (BioSMART) (pp. 1-4), IEEE.
- Kiourtis, A., Graziani, A., Mavrogiorgou, A., Symvoulidis, C., Mavrogiorgos, K., & Kyriazis, D. (2021, December), A Health Information Exchange Protocol Supporting Bluetooth-based Messages, In 2021 International Conference on Information Systems and Advanced Technologies (ICISAT) (pp. 1-6), IEEE.
- Symvoulidis C., Mavrogiorgou A., Kiourtis A., Marinos G., & Kyriazis D. (2021, December), Facilitating Health Information Exchange in Medical Emergencies, In 2021 International Conference on e-Health and Bioengineering (EHB), IEEE.
- Symvoulidis, C., Kiourtis, A., Mavrogiorgou, A., & Kyriazis, D. (2021), Healthcare Provision in the Cloud: An EHR Object Store-based Cloud Used for Emergency.
- Kiourtis, A., Mavrogiorgou, A., Symvoulidis, C., Tsigkounis, C., & Kyriazis, D. (2021, February), Indexing of Cloud Stored Electronic Health Records for Consented Third Party Accessing, In 28th Conference of the Open Innovations Association (FRUCT), pp. 158-166, IEEE.
- Tsoumas, I., Symvoulidis, C., & Kyriazis, D. (2020, September), Learning a generalized matrix from multi-graphs topologies towards microservices recommendations, In Proceedings of SAI Intelligent Systems Conference (pp. 693-702), Springer, Cham.
- Tsoumas, I., Symvoulidis, C., Kyriazis, D., Gouvas, P., Zafeiropoulos, A., Melian, J., & Sterle, J. (2019, December), Modelling 5G Cloud-Native Applications by Exploiting the Service Mesh Paradigm, In European, Mediterranean, and Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems (pp. 151-162), Springer, Cham.
- Symvoulidis, C., Tsoumas, I., & Kyriazis, D. (2019, July), Towards the identification of context in 5G infrastructures, In Intelligent Computing-Proceedings of the Computing Conference (pp. 406-418), Springer, Cham.
- Touloupou, M., Kapassa, E., Symvoulidis, C., Stavrianos, P., & Kyriazis, D. (2019, February), An integrated SLA management framework in a 5G environment, In 2019 22nd Conference on Innovation in Clouds, Internet and Networks and Workshops (ICIN) (pp. 233-235), IEEE.
- Mavrogiorgou, A., Kiourtis, A., Symvoulidis, C., & Kyriazis, D. (2018, October), Capturing the reliability of unknown devices in the IoT world, In 2018 Fifth International Conference on Internet of Things: Systems, Management and Security (pp. 62-69), IEEE.