|Expertise||Natural Language Processing (NLP), Neural Machine Translation (NMT), Sentiment Analysis, Big Data|
A Computer Engineer with MSc in Big Data and Analytics. Received his B.Sc Diploma from Computer Engineering and Informatics Department, University of Patras, Greece, and his MSc in Big Data and Analytics from the Department of Digital Systems, University of Piraeus, Greece. An enthusiastic, adaptive and fast-learning person with a broad and acute interest in following a Data Scientist career. Main research interests are NLP, Machine Translation, Sentiment Analysis and Information Extraction. An experienced Web Developer with a demonstrated history of working in digital agencies in the internet industry.
Personal Research Topics
Data Interoperability Services in Cloud Infrastructures and Policy Making Applications
Approach primarily focuses on the phases of the translation, the processing, the annotation, the mapping, as well as the transformation of the collected data, which have major impact on the successful aggregation, analysis, and exploitation of da-ta across the whole policy making lifecycle
Neural Machine Translation (NMT) with an emphasis on Transfer and Federated Learning methods
The application of NMT techniques enhanced by the use of Transfer Learning will allow the transfer of exported results, parameters, and knowledge from one NMT model to another, with the ultimate goal of developing and optimizing multilingual classifiers. Furthermore, utilizing Federated Learning techniques will improve, enhance, and further extend the capabilities and interoperability of the proposed NMT system.
Multilingual Sentiment Analysis
Despite the evolution and the advancements in neural sentiment analysis most approaches for sentence-level neural sentiment analysis available today were developed only for English and there are only a few efforts that approach the problem considering other and especially low-interest and usage languages. To this end, many approaches, and researches over the past five years enhance multilingual sentiment analysis based on encoder-decoder model and the utilization of NMT techniques.
- Manias, G., Mavrogiorgou, A., Kiourtis, A., Kakomitas, D., & Kyriazis, D. (2021, December). Real-Time Kafka-Based Topic Modeling and Identification of Tweets. In 2021 IEEE International Conference on Progress in Informatics and Computing (PIC) (pp. 212-218). IEEE.
- Manias, G. et al (2021, September), iHELP: Personalised Health Monitoring and Decision Support Based on Artificial Intelligence and Holistic Health Records.
- Manias, G., Mavrogiorgou, A., Kiourtis, A., & Kyriazis, D. (2021, June), SemAI: A Novel Approach for Achieving Enhanced Semantic Interoperability in Public Policies.
- Mavrogiorgou, A., Kiourtis, A., Manias, G., & Kyriazis, D. (2021, May), An Optimized KDD Process for Collecting and Processing Ingested and Streaming Healthcare Data.
- Mavrogiorgou, A., Kiourtis, A., Manias, G., & Kyriazis, D. (2021, May), Adjustable Data Cleaning Towards Extracting Statistical Information, Stud Health Technol Inform, pp. 1013-1014, doi: 10.3233/SHTI210332, PMID: 34042827.
- Kyriazis, D. et al. (2020, June). PolicyCLOUD: Analytics as a Service Facilitating Efficient Data-Driven Public Policy Management, In IFIP International Conference on Artificial Intelligence Applications and Innovations, pp. 141-150, Springer, Cham.
- Manias, G., Mavrogiorgou, A., Kiourtis, A., & Kyriazis, D. (2020, December), An Evaluation of Neural Machine Translation and Pre-trained Word Embeddings in Multilingual Neural Sentiment Analysis, In 2020 IEEE International Conference on Progress in Informatics and Computing (PIC), pp. 274-283, IEEE, doi: 10.1109/PIC50277.2020.9350849.